Why do we get stuck in a keyword rut?
How are keywords misleading?
- What keywords does the website rank for at the moment?
- What keywords do competitors rank for that our website does not?
- What are the monthly search volumes and difficulty of these keywords?
- Can we find further opportunities through the keyword magic tool?
- Which keywords within this industry have the highest search volumes?
- How can we create content that will target these specific searches?
Keywords affect our writing
What do Google Say?
How do we adapt our SEO strategies?
If you’re still reading, this may be a problem you are experiencing. Perhaps you’re an SEO that has been going through the motions for years. You might even be paying such an SEO. Or maybe you’re relatively new to SEO in which case, welcome. Hopefully this helps to set you on the straight and narrow.
1) Know your audience
2) Build out buying lifecycles that are relevant to your business
3) Start to look at keywords
4) Plan each article based on the best solution for the searcher
- We are aligning ourselves with the service Google is providing, i.e the most valuable results for a search.
- Through Google’s ability to understand the intent behind searches, we open ourselves up to more searchers. If we have provided enough topical solution we spread our net wider.
- Due to our focus on the user and our own brand strategy & funnels, our users will be more aligned with our messaging. In turn, we should experience higher conversion rates.
- Our content creation has structure. We’re not just creating content to target the highest volume searches. Our content plan has real strategy behind it, better internal linking and user flow.